Sunday, April 19, 2009

108

in lieu of me maybe seeing 108 within the next week or two, i feel their cd "Threefold Misery" should be mentioned here. What was thought to be 108's last cd, in my opinion is their best, none of the overtly chuggy guitars that are on "A New Beat From A Dead Heart"(although great cd), this LP is 108 at the apex of what they could do creatively, although they've redone a few songs, including the classic "Blood", it's all for the better. The riffs on this cd, to me as a guitarist are truly inspiring, with obviously eastern-influenced riffs and Hindi beliefs, 108 broke out of the mold for hardcore in 96, with songs that are scathing aural assaults, slowly turned into Hare Krishna chants, but it all sounds natural. This cd undoubtedly influenced throngs of people to follow in this scene, and I really don't think it gets the appreciation it should, so you should get on that.

Threefold Misery

2 comments:

  1. Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one. Keep posting. Thanks for sharing.
    factech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this a lot… I really hope to read more of your posts in the future, (from … factech

    ReplyDelete