Monday, August 17, 2009

more music...

all these posts are metal, but I'm going to try and mix it up sometime.

After the Burial - Rareform
Technical metalcore/deathcore

The newest release from the band I wrote about yesterday, this was recently rereleased, actually I don't even think it's out yet but I got the leak a few days ago - has their new vocalists tracks laid down, and honestly I much prefer the old vocalist, but either way this album is fucking fantastic. These guys truly take this whole niche of metal and refine it with such a tenacity I really was overwhelmed the first time I heard this. For fans of ANY aggressive music, get this please.


The Game - R.E.D mixtape
Hiphop

I'm surprisingly impressed by The Game's newest offering, as a fairly longtime fan of his I was pretty disappointed by the bland, sameness that his 2008 release "L.A.X" offered, but on this tape The Game seems like he has grown leaps and bounds lyrically, with nearly every song having lines that just make me say god damn. He also works with a star cast with this, Raekwon the fuckin' chef is on this, as well as Snoop, as well as Wayne(of course), Rick Ross(who's verses kinda caught me off guard as being pretty goddamn good), Ludacris, Chris Brown, etc etc. Definitely worth a spin or two

No comments:

Post a Comment