Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Today I noticed that deathwishinc.com has a review of Axe To Fall that's incredibly similar to mine, except saying that it's a great step forward from No Heroes, haha. Kinda fucking weird. Anyway I'm sick as fuck of talking about Converge, so here's some releases I thought fit to cover today~

EDIT: i was going to post like 3 more records in this post, BUT as I finished this I found that Between The Buried And Me - The Great Misdirect has leaked, and suddenly no other cd matters. I'll have a review up for it and others soon.

Rise and Fall - Our Circle is Vicious
hardcore(i guess)

Rise and Fall has been a band I've never been particularly impressed with, not that I didn't enjoy them, just I didn't actively like them, as I never really saw too much that set them aside from any other metallic hardcore bands. Although I've only gotten this album about 3 hours ago, and heard it once, I can say this is one of the finest releases I've heard this year. On Our Circle Is Vicious, Rise and Fall seriously fucking kill it, they of course are still a hardcore band at their roots, but they've picked up SUCH a broad range of influences that meld together so well here, they meld the sludgey/southern-esque atmosphere that is so popular for hardcore bands to pick up now adays, with the almost droning Isis-esque "pretty", shimmering sections, with the utmost earnest and untempered hardcore aggression, to amazing results. Technically, they seem incredibly on point, most notably their drummer, who not only keeps the pace incredibly well, but adds so much flavor to the music through creative little fills and interludes that accompany the ridiculously varied(both in structure and tone) guitar parts, and even though their really isn't much shredding or virtuosity to be found herein, it works. I also really enjoy their vocalist, and that's something that can really make or break a band for me(coughdoomriders) While some fans may be disappointed that they don't quite "bring tha m0sh" quite as well anymore, anyone who enjoys widely diverse and creative aggressive music will be sure to enjoy this piece.

1 comment:

  1. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from Parkinson , i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband suffered parkinson and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony of so many people who was cured from parkinson, and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to parkinson I never imagined parkinson has a cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. parkinson has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony .

    ReplyDelete